Sunday 24 August 2014

Vehicle showcase: 7YW Austrian Caisson

Hoi,

While trying to complete my Seven Years War Austrian army I came upon the need for ammunition caissons. No plastic soldier producer makes specific 7YW caissons that I know of and therefore I had to figure something out (pun intended).

HäT do a Napoleonic Austrian caisson and while I guess these were not really used back in the &YW, and thus an anachronism, I don't collect Napoleonic Austrians and had a go at them.




The riders, there's just one in place the other one still needs painting, are of course from the Revell 7YW artillery set.  

Cheers Sander

Listening to: "Thickfreakness" by The Black Keys

2 comments:

Uwe said...

Hoi Sander,

I guess vehicles for the SYW are still a gap on the market. I was happy to take my hands on two collections of painted SYW Prussians from friends who gave up the hobby. So now I have to paint a lot of Austrians too.

cheers
Uwe

peter said...

I love these! You did a great job on the woodwork!

Greetings
Peter