Monday 31 August 2015

Some more Grey...

Hoi,

As I promised to keep you posted on the progress of the brigade of Napoleonic Prussian Reserve- or Landwehr Infantry here's the first finished battalion. Basically I have enough figures to depict 5 battalions. The first I had already painted some time ago. I gave the regiment yellow facings and while thinking about which colour to give the next 4 battalions, I stumbled along the excellent Mont Saint Jean site. There I found that these regiments had several battalions in the field, distinguished from each other by their shoulder-straps. So I decided to depict another battalion of the regiment already painted (with the yellow facings) and do the other 3 units in different facing colours.

Here they are.


As you can see the miniatures are HäT except for the drummer and the two other troopers on the command stand which are Revell figures.

Cheers Sander

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely work on these Sander. I like the subdued palette.

The Angry Lurker said...

Nice work on these Sander.

Sander said...

@Anne: thanks heaps, they were loads of fun to paint.

@Fran: great to have you back Fran!