Tuesday 25 July 2017

Holiday blues and some news

Hoi,

It's raining miserably over here, typical Dutch weather, but with a lot of work in the garden waiting for me this is not funny anymore. So we went into town, Arnhem in this case, and got me something new.

Now I know I have said earlier yhat I wouldn' t support GW anymore and well basically I don't, butt... I did buy the June and July issue of White Dwarf and the WHF Empire Battle Wizard from in independent  retailer.



Why did I do this? Well you're not going to like the answer! The answer is that I have started yet another project. For quite some time I have longed to get a box of Hero Quest, some weeks ago I managed just this, I got a secondhand box. From then till now I have played more than 10 games with my son Arthur, with kids at school and with friends, boy is this a great game!

The battle wizards are meant for Arthur to get an unique player character and in this we succeeded because he's all for the bright or fire wizard wanting to hurl fireballs everywhere!

Anyway, when the rains stop, I will make some pictures of the HQ figures I have already painted.

That's all fornow folks

4 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

I always find a bit of retail therapy helps to banish the blues and I may have just back a Medieval Demon Kickstarter for exactly that purpose. :D

As for the gardening, I would be praying that the rain doesn't stops!

Sander said...

All too right on all of those remarks Michael!

Rod said...

Sounds like fun to me. I have no beef with GW other than the costs. But HeroQuest is a fun go so just enjoy it!

Millsy said...

Nothing wrong with new projects. I don't feel so guilty about my own when others are doing it too :-)