Friday 10 August 2018

Some scenery

Hoi,

It has been a while since my last post but I have at least had opportunity to paint some stuff. Today I'd like to show you some scenery items I have been busy with.

Let's start with some silo's, these are basically the legs of a plastic cabinet for the garden shed. You can build it in two ways: in a big high cabinet or two small ones, I did the former and thus had some sets of legs left over. I thought they'd make some nice LOS blockers.





Next up some TTCombat Venice groundworks and a harbour pier.











Some of the nautical scatter on the terrain is glued on and some of it is left separate, it's also from TTCombat, from their resin range.

All these terrain pieces are meant to give a more modern look to the Venice set I have gotten a while ago. I still have loads of the base modules to create canals for Venice or a different canal-filled city to do.

Cheers for now!

4 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Great to hear from you! I thought you had converted some theatre glasses at first with the silo - great job! The Venice scenery is wonderful, I am very tempted as I am planning for next summer's game already.

Millsy said...

Nice work mate! I especially like the silos.

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice Sander!

Sander said...

@Ray: Cheers mate!

@Millsy: thanks, yeah I am really happy with the way they turned out!

@Michael: these "silos" are the only ones I have paired together, the connector-piece that makes them look like binos, was meant to attach two cabinets to each other but does make them look silly. So all the others are left separate. The TTC Venice range is really versatile and not expensive. I am painting some of the buildings as we speak and these are easily converted to other places then Venice.