Sunday 8 September 2019

Sisters of Battle

Hoi,

Quite some years ago I owned a nice sizeable army of Sisters of Battle for 40k. During my GW Dark-Age however, I sold most of my armies and with them the Sisters. Selling them was hard, it was the army I most hated to het rid off, recently the news that plastic SoB's are on the horizon filtered through to me and I jumped on the wagon again. I have obtained quite a lot of SoB characters and Sisters and even some stuff I didn't own back in the days of old. Painting is slow because I cannot choose what colour scheme. I have found a great blue and white scheme on Pinterest but when I did a test- figure it didn't feel right...

So I started on some of the other figures to start with. Two Death Cult Assasins and a Hospitaler.


The Hospitaler is one of the few figures I kept back from my original army and she wore pretty much the same colours then.  


The Assasins are new, well okay second hand since I bought off Ebay, a great source of figures specially if they come at a nice price.




I really like how the Assasins turned out, I am less sure about the hospitaler. I was not able to get the details as crisp as I would like to.

In between other stuff I have been doing some small commissions, one is a few figures for a friend from his Gloomhaven game. They are some of the main characters, but I cannot say I like them all too much. The detail is shallow and the material is a bit too soft.



We played two quests from the game and the gameplay is not to bad, but it is a far too expensive game with the RPG part of it taken way to much time. It's not my cup of tea.

Next up my trip to the UK!

Cheers

1 comment:

The Angry Lurker said...

Nicely done, used to have loads of sisters too!