As I said in a post earlier this week; painting time is sparse over here. I just about managed to get two little projects finished by now.
First up is this Prussian Napoleonic Command stand featuring Marshal Blücher and ADC. The marshal and the horses have been ready sitting in my glass cabinet for ages, I just had no suitable ADC. At first I decided to convert a HäT early war Hussar into a late Hussar by means of a head swap, this turned out to be a fluke because the head was too big. A bit later on I decided to discard my plans to start a late war Russian army and use the models I had lying around as Prussians instead, so I used this Russian Hussar to paint a Prussian hussar with little pennant to act as ADC, now what I should have dry-fitted was the horse... because the Zvezda hussar is far too large for this HaT pony...let that be a lesson to everyone everywhere to always dry-fit before starting a project!
Next up: inspired by HäT's imminent release of 7YW Prussians I decided to finally try to finish my Revell Austrians. These chaps have been in my ownership for ages, nigh on 12 years I guess, and I always intended to convert them into Brits ever since I got my hands on the Black Powder ruleset. Now that HäT is doing Prussians with mitre caps and all, it's far easier to make Brits out of those and paint the Revell chaps up as they were intended: as Austrians. Here is a combined Grenadier battalion, which I can use as seen here or break up and place back to their parent unit when required.
Last up are some of the latest HäT release of E19 sets: 8243 WWI British Q45 Howitzer and 8256 WWI British Artillery Crew. I combined spare heads from these sets with some of the ANZAC heavy weapons team to create more diversity. Below you'll find some WIP shots of both my Arty stands and the heavies.