Saturday 6 September 2008

ducosim part II

Hoi,

Okay, I may have hinted that the battle was very one-sided and I lost very quickly but the battle was actually very tense and I did considerable damage to at least two enemy mechs. Engmir did however succeed in keep two of my mechs pretty much out of the battle by very sneakily positioning his mechs out of LOS.




The battle heats up as the HQ comes under fire. Dang, how I underestimated the little amount of armour this thing had! In the end it took Engmir about 3 turns of shooting before the thing was down, or rather blown UP.



For me the most fun part of the battle was when my Hatamoto Chi (the mech with the yellow crest looking like a samurai) charged Engmir's Enforcer. The Hatamoto did 40 points of damage amongst which was a hit to the cockpit and the result was that the Enforcer fell into the lake. A truly epic movie moment.






Yes I was very glad the charge succeeded. Usually my physical attacks go awry from the start...





A general view of our part of the DUCOSIM fair. There are usually 3 halls, one of which is reserved for wargaming. Games played include CBT, Warhammer Fantasy, WH40K, Warmachine, Battlefleet Gothic, Flames of War and the occasional Historical game (in this case an ACW game).


Special thanks have to go to Professor Tobias "Tobmeister" Wittwer for the pictures featuring yours truly!

No comments: