Monday 2 January 2023

The Year 2022 in Review!

 Hoi,

Another year has gone and passed and so it's on to the numbers of painted figures from 2022. Before I will go into that I would like to wish all of you the very best for 2023!

Warhammer 40K : 49

General Fantasy (28mm) : 38

Heroquest: 52

Battletech: 9

Star Wars Legion: 43

Project Laarden:    8

Blood Bowl:    87

Horus Heresy : 2

Grand Total: 288 figures.

Gosh, I am not really sure what to think of the above. Clearly Blood Bowl is the overall winner this year as far as the amount of painted miniatures is concerned, but that's not strange considering I have painted up quite a lot of teams for others this year. 

Heroquest is an important part of last year's output and it will remain so this year all be it a bit less I think, there's the re-release from Hasbro that I am painting up for Martijn as well as the expansions of the same producer, but I have no real plans for the game for myself. 

40k and Fantasy are an important part as well due to the Necrons I have painted for Martijn and the great Fantasy stuff I have been adding to various games. New is Star Wars Legion which I have not only painted for Roel, but also since Arthur and myself have started to play and paint the Republic era SW game, watch this space for more to come.

Talking about the future, 3 very big projects will be keeping me busy in 2023:

- I have started an army for my beloved First Legion, the Dark Angels will be entering the fray of the Horus Heresy in the 30K universe.

- Mordheim has gotten me and Arthur in it's grips as we are battling our way through to City of the Damned towards a huge pile of Wyrdstone. 

- Finally I am eagerly anticipating the release of Warhammer the Old World by GW and have started painting up some old Bretonnians I had lying around, got given by Mark and bought online. 

So that's the Old out and the New started for me, keep tuned for more posts as I am currently participating in the 13th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge!

The 13th Annual Painting Challenge Has Begun!

Cheers Sander

No comments: